Selenium WebDriver – 3 is a leading web testing tool in the QA industry. It is one of the most sought after skill. Selenium Webdriver jobs are on a rise and are highly paid and highly valued. Industry is shifting towards automation rapidly. With more and more applications becoming accessible through browser it becomes very important to learn Selenium WebDriver. This course is designed to teach in depth concepts of Selenium WebDriver 3 and Java. We focus on the basics first and then move towards the advance concepts of Selenium, Java and framework development.
Selenium Training – WebDriver Basics is a 4 week program. It requires 8 classes spread out over four weeks and each class is a 2 hour class. This course will give you a solid understanding of selenium WebDriver, different modules and prepare you for writing automation tests in selenium. You will find the complete course content below.
1) Automation : A brief introduction to automation and the need for automation. How automation will enable you to beat competition and make you get the better jobs in market.
2) Java for QA : This class will set you up for understanding Basic OOPs and java concepts. These concepts will be extremely important for you to become a good Automation tester. This section is specially designed so that can be followed by any Manual test very easily.
3) Eclipse IDE : This topic might seem little off place here but it’s very important topic to understand the tool you are using. Eclipse will the primary choice of development environment and we will discuss features of eclipse here.
4) Set up Eclipse : We will start with setting up WebDriver, so that every participant start flaunting off their newly learnt skills by writing some cool test programs:
5) WebDriver Interface : This topic will make you familiar with the concept of browsers in WebDriver and how to launch basic Firefox browser using WebDriver. Here we will also talk about WebDriver & WebElement interface which will enable us to answer many complicated Interview Questions about WebDriver Implementation.
6) Browser & Navigation Commands : This is something which everybody do very first thing when they learn Selenium. Opening & closing of browser and some navigation function on top of it.
7) WebElement Commands : An important and basic need of Selenium Automation. This part enables every participant to start writing automation test in their organizations. These are the most commonly used operations on any website.
8) Locators : In this class we will start learning about HTML, how elements are defined inside HTML document and what are the different attributes that are associated with an HTML element. We also try to find elements based on its attribute values.
9) Element Identification : This part explains the lifesaver Add-Ons & tools for Selenium. Finding elements are the most common activity carried out in Selenium. These tools give us power to easily identify complex elements and help us in saving lot of time.
10) Tables, Checkboxes & Radio buttons : Many applications involve use of web tables and list boxes. These skills will help participant to get the expertise on complex tables structures and write effective automation test.
11) Launching different browsers using WebDriver : This topic will make you familiar with the concept of browsers in WebDriver and how to launch different types of browsers using WebDriver. This will also covers the Challenges faced in using browser other than firefox.
12) Selenium Waits, Alert & Switch Windows : A little complexity will start now onwards. To use Waits effective is very important for every automation tester. Wait helps us in switching windows, handling pop-ups, operating alerts correctly.
13) Action Class This gives us power on recently build Application with latest and complex object features. Hovering mouse or simulate Mouse and Keyword operations can be done by using Action Class. A necessary thing to learn in Selenium journey.
14) Auto IT : AutoIT is third party tool which is used for Desktop automation. In Selenium world sometimes there Is a need of automating windows component in browser automation script. So automation done through AutoIT can be called with Selenium Scripts.
15) Browser Profile : Different types of browser profiles and user authentication models with examples will be discussed in this class. You will need these to test secured websites and user authenticated websites.
16) Java Tutorial In this class we dive deep into understanding Instances, classes and Inheritance which are prerequisite to Automation Framework. We will also take a look at how program control flows and how we can alter it to suit our needs.
18) TestNG Framework TestNG is a wonderful off the shelf framework that can be used directly to create your test framework. We will learn about this framework here.
19) Automation Framework This class will cover the concepts of Frameworks. After this the participant would got to know that which type of Framework works best for their Application and the pros & cons of the selected framework. Knowledge of frameworks is key skill to learn.
20) LIVE PROJECT – Selenium Hybrid Framework